Picking a movie to watch every Friday is an interesting task. Since there tends to be at least two of us, its finding a balance between taste and timing, sometimes you just want something different. Sometimes, even after we pick a movie, something better comes along or we need to fill a gap.
Enter Knock Off, its been about a year and a half since we started this feature on the website, and somehow we have avoided the king of cheesy action movies,Â Jean–Claude Van Damme. While it may be noted that Street Fighter: The Movie was our first movie, it wasn’t JCVD boiled down to his absolute best.Â
How did we end up picking Knock Off? Honestly, I have no clue. I assume because of the plot, which has JCVD starring as a fashion designer.. yes, you read that right… not undercover as one, but working as one.
Anyhow, let’s get to the rules!
- The Schneidkick– (Formerly the Annoying Sidekick Rule) This is simple enough whenever the sidekick annoys you, or gets themselves in trouble or screws up the hero, take a drink.
- Â The Big Bang Theory– What’s an action movie without some explosion? And what’s a drinking game without a staple? So every time there’s an explosion take a drink.
- Sweet Chin Music– Every time JCVD kicks someone, take a drink.
- Bomb’s The Word– Whenever the word bomb is mentioned, take a drink.
- Death, Its for Breakfast– Drink whenever someone dies on screen.