Beers n Fears Volume 5: Monster Smash Edition
October’s in the air once again. And for the 5th straight year, it means we get to do Beers n Fears, our drinking and spookastic blow-out.
As we often do with Beers n Fears, we have a loose theme this year, the theme being Monster Smash! What exactly is Monster Smash? Well, it’s some out there mash-up of genres and concepts.
To kick it off, we’re doing the monster of all horror crossovers, 2003’s Freddy vs Jason!
For this movie, we’re going to use the typical Beers n Fears rules.
- Stab to the heart, you’re too late! The murderer kills someone. Take a drink.
- Let’s Fall Down– This is a combination rule. Drink if someone is being pursued by the killer and trips! And drink if the person knocks down the killer, but decides to stop and check to see if they are still alive.
- The Horror Movie Idiot Tropes– This is a bit encompassing rule, but you know those moments in horror films! Take a drink when a character runs UP the stairs instead of trying to exit a place. A drink whenever someone decides it’s in their best interest to split up! And take a drink whenever someone checks out that suspicious noise!
- Playing With Your Food – How often does the killer confront his soon to be victim and not kill them right away? Take a drink for every limb lost before the kill or for any sadistic tortue method the killer pulls off.
- Scaredy Cat– Whenever there is a cheap jump in the film, take a drink. If the cheap trick turns out to be an actual cat, take 2 drinks!
And introduce the month-long rule
- Monster Mayhem – Anytime a wrestling-like move/grapple is performed, take a drink!
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @ER_NOTR or @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!