151 Proof Movies: Son of the Mask Drinking Game
Our Jim Carrey-less sequel month just keeps on rocking and rolling. Next up on our list is Son of the Mask, perhaps the second most known movie on our list, I would imagine Evan Almighty was pretty big when it came out.
Anyhow, just a brief reminder before we get to the rules, there are two rules which will haunt us throughouth all of these films. Let’s call them.. our Carrey over… I’m sorry!
- “Do You Remember?“- Every time a film attempts to make you laugh by repeating or paying homage to a famous scene from the original movie, take a drink.
- “Do I Make You Laugh?”– If the movie manages to illicit an actual laugh from you with a joke (not laughing at how bad the movie is or some stupid logic), take a shot!
Now that those are out of the way, let’s get to the Son of the Mask specific rules!
- “Son of A Mask!”- Whenever someone says MASK in the movie, take a drink.
- It’s Not Cartoony, It’s Zany!- When something is a bit over the top, a bit cartoony, zany or whatever, take a drink.
- “Look Who’s Talking!”– When the baby or the dog speak during the movie, take a drink.
- Face-Mask!– Every time a character puts on the mask, take a drink!
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, our drinking game for “Son of the Mask” as always we will be checking this film out on Friday night, and you can follow along with the hashtag #151PM.
[…] 4)Son of The Mask- There was no real good expectations going into this film, and somehow it managed to be worse than we could imagine. We’ve seen a LOT of terrible movies, but Son of the Mask will be one of those that sticks with us for some time. On the flip side, this was perhaps the best drinking game of the lot with a lot of rules getting used often. Laugh Count: 0 Penguin 0 Swan 0 […]
[…] I guess the director and writers of this movie did not understand that people were not attracted to the movie because of the mask alone, that it was the brilliant physical comedy and general hilarity Jim Carry brought to the film that people enjoyed. Â So basically what I see is a few writers and a director got together and decided to capitalize on the popularity of The Mask by making a â€œsequelâ€ ten years after the original. Unfortunately, Jim Carrey was not interested in doing a sequel so they went with the only other thing they had from the original movieâ€¦.the actual Mask. From there they wrote a script that focused on the legend of the Mask and featured an entirely new cast; this is all speculation of course I am not sure how this movie came about…I could be over thinking it. If you have not seen this movie and feel like torturing yourself by all means, have a viewing party, make it fun by playing the Son of Mask drinking game courtesy ofÂ Nerds on the Rocks. […]
[…] Son of the Mask […]