We’re just about a week away from the “end” of the Resident Evil movie franchise. It will be a sad, sad day in the video game-movie world when that well is finally ran dry, but we couldn’t let the only video game-movie franchise go out without celebrating it our way. While we’ve done Retribution and Afterlife already for this feature, we decided to go back in time and check out the 2nd movie, Resident Evil Apocalypse. We will use the rules that have been established for the franchise, but know only one rule is needed…. anytime Umbrella’s logo is shown or the company is mentioned. Trust us, you’ll be nice and toasty.
But to the rules!
Resident Evil games meet Resident Evil the Movie.
- Take a drink whenever Umbrella logo is shown or the corporation is mentioned.
- Take a drink every time a character from the Resident Evil game verse makes an appearance in the movies. (And yeah, I mean every time they make an appearance not they are in the movie once and you call it a day) Also doesn’t extend to them being in a prolong scene or cutbacks!
- Take 2 drinks every time an enemy from the game shows up, zombie dogs, crows, Nemesis, the rare zombie, Los Plagos from Resident Evil 4, the axe man, whoever!
- Take a drink every time a virus is mentioned, doesn’t matter which letter it starts with.
Resident Evil the Movies Are You’re Worse Nightmares
- Every time someone gets bite and turns into a zombie, take a drink.
- Every time a teammate puts down a teammate because they turned into a zombie take a drink.
- Every time someone wusses out and doesn’t want to kill a friend turning into a zombie take a drink.
- Whenever you spot a difference from the game take 2 drinks (you know why!)
- Elements from the movie verse make an re-appearance aside from Alicia since she is the main character.
- Use of piss poor technology, that includes CG and crappy 3D effects take a drink. And yeah I saw Afterlife’s trailer that includes tossing the glass at the screen.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie.!
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following eitherÂ @ER_NOTR orÂ @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!