Top 7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme Songs
Turtle Fever is sweeping the nation, at least on cable. With the release of a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie this Friday in cinemas, I thought it would be a great time to look back on part of the history of our lean, mean, green Turtle machines.
While the Turtles have had success on the big-screen, this is their 5th movie afterall, I think their biggest success has always come from the tiny screen. From their debut cartoon in the late 80s to the animated revival that currently airs on Nickelodeon, television has always been a good home for them. Over the course of the past 20+ years we have been given 3 animated Ninja Turtles series and one live action series as well as several mini-refreshes within those respective series. So join us today as we count down the 7 Best Theme Songs to introduce the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (CBS’ Action Zone) – After a decent run of successful episodes,the Ninja Turtles found themselves a new home as part of the CBS Action Zone, and with a new home came a darker look and a new theme song.
6. TMNT 2k3 (Post-Shredder) – This is a weird inclusion as it’s the one that is least changed from its contemporary, but it does offer up several new parts of the song including a Turtles’ roll call and a general addition of progress made during various seasons. This one comes after the defeat of the Shredder.
5. TMNT 2k3 (original) – As noted right above, the song didn’t change THAT much in between versions, but felt the Ninja Turtles’ personality inclusion in the remixes hurt it. Instead, the original goes with counting down their code of honor.
4. TMNT Back to the Sewers – After some futuristic adventures, the Turtles return to their own time and get a catchy new theme song!
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation – For the Ninja Turtles first, and only, live-action TV series, they were given a short, snappy and really catchy theme song.
2. Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Nick’s TMNT is a love letter to everything that came before it while being able to put its own unique stamp on the franchise. It’s only fitting that it’s theme song plays a lot like the original while infusing it with modern sensibilities. You get a really great beat and a catchy theme song.
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – The original, and in many ways still the best. It helps that it was so good, almost every TMNT series since then has tried to copy the formula to a certain degree.
And there you have it. Will note, order of theme songs in no way endorses the quality of their respective series!