151 Proof Movies: Godzilla (1998) Drinking Game
What a month for giant monsters with a new King Kong hitting theaters today and Power Rangers in just a few weeks. With that in mind, we are doing a Monster March with a focus on things that make you run at night.
We’re kicking it off with one of the most infamous monster movies, 1998’s Gorilla.
- Reign of Godzilla – For any destruction or signs of destruction from Godzilla, take a drink.
- Grub Huh – Take a drink any time Matthew Broderick character is referred to as the “worm guy.”
- In the Name of the King of Monsters – Whenever Broderick character’s name is mispronounced or he has to be corrected, take a drink.
- Powers of a Godzilla – For any of Godzilla usage of his typical powers like fire breath and tail, take a drink. Take a drink for trademark roar.
- Awestruck – Drink whenever characters are frozen in place for any reason.
For more of our drinking games, check out the ever-updated Mega-List.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @ER_NOTR or @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!