Super Mario Bros: The Movie Viewing Party
Friday November 22nd, 2013 has been dubbed N-Day (at least by yours truly), the day when the world is graced with both a new Zelda and Super Mario title. While I eagerly anticipate the arrival of Super Mario 3D World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, we always like to do things just a bit differently here On the Rocks.
We’re in the middle of “Thanks Giving” month on 151 Proof Movies (not something we’ve publicly stated, but whatever) in which we handpick from the movies we’ve seen over the past 3 years. So far we’ve done Tekken and Knock-Off. This week, we’re going back to one of the films we most dreaded watching, The Super Mario Bros Movie. And we want you there with us!
Much like we did with Street Fighter: The Movie over the summer, we will be hosting a little online viewing party, either via TinyChat or Skype where folks can come watch and drink with us.
Sadly this movie isn’t available for streaming on Netflix, but the entire movie is up on Youtube! There that’s sorted for you!
Now let’s get to the meat and potatoes, the rules that shall dictate our viewing on Friday!
- We’re The Mario Bros, and Plumbings Our Game– Every time that Mario and/or Luigi refer to each other by name, take a drink.
- The Rock Says…- Whenever “the rock” is mentioned, take a drink.
- Fire Power– Every time there is a forced reference to the Super Mario games, take a drink.
- The Fungus Among Us– Every time, the “fungus” is shown on screen (you know which one), take a drink.
- A Plumber By Any Other Name– Whenever it is mentioned, or Mario and Luigi use their plumbing skills, take a drink.
There you have it! Be sure to join us on Friday November 22nd at 10pm ET/7pm PT for an adventure of a lifetime!