Review Shooter: Captain America
Getting this out of the way now before someone gets confused, this is not based on the upcoming Marve movie, but the original made some time in the 90s. I could look up a specific year, but that’s giving this movie more time than it deserves. Have I already spoiled the end of my review with that line? ALAS
What We Liked:
- The President was pretty bad-ass.
- The costume was pretty true to the comics.
- It isn’t 2 hours long!
What We Didn’t Like:
- Pick anything else and you’ll probably be on the right track.
- Captain America is a wuss. He loses like the first 4 fights in this movie. Granted, I understand its boring to have the hero be all ass-kickingly awesome right from the get-go, but make use believe that this man has the potential to become the ultimate soldier.
- The Captain fake-out, the Captain has this movie, which he pulls off several times in the movie, where he pretends to get car sick, waits until the driver comes to check on him and jacks their ride. Yes, this is the HERO of the movie.
- The RED Skull is only red during their first encounter in the first 20 minutes of the movie or so.
- For over 50 years, not a single government official thought to check the scientist’s lab for her journal. I believe in suspension of disbelief to a degree, but HONESTLY NO ONE thinks to look in her government owned/funded office to see if she left her journal with all her important notes in there for over 50 years?
- The movie is completely and utterly forgettable, and that to me is the worst offender!
Recommendation: Avoid. There’s really no reason to see this movie unless you are like me and want to see all comic book related movies at some point. And with the Chris Evans led version coming in a few short months, this is better left in the past.