151 Proof Movies: Artemis Fowl Drinking Game
With most of the world locked at home for nearly 4 months, we have seen movie companies find new ways to deliver some of their bigger movies of the summer. What we thought would be a golden era of cinematic classics on the small screen has turned into a race to dump some of your lesser quality movies to drum up some headlines and momentary interest… until people watch the movies.
After the success of Disney’s Onward, Disney is back at it with a live-action film, based on popular YA book series, Artemis Fowl has taken the long road to release before being dropped on Disney +, and based off it’s current reviews (10% with 131 reviews), it seems like another streaming dud, but perfectly fitting for us here at 151 Proof Movies!
Let’s take a look at the trailer…
It’s rare you see a movie try to live up to its title as much as Artemis foul does!
Time to get our gadgets out, it’s drinking time!
- The Name’s Fowl, Artemis Fowl – What is a teen spy, but actually not, to do? Whenever new gadgets are introduced or gadgets are used, take a drink.
- The Tale of Artemis Fowl – Every great legend gets passed through from generation to generation so we shall celebrate Artemis Fowl’s legacy by taking a drink whenever the movie relies on narration.
- The McGuffin – Whenever “The Aculus” is mentioned, take a drink.
- Artemis’ Fowl – Take a drink for any new magical creature introduced in the film.
- Criminal Mastermind? – Let’s hope it’s like the books, but whenever Artemis Fowl’s name is said, take a drink.
For more of our drinking games, check out the ever-updated Mega-List.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @BreakAbone or @WoodenSwann on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!