Agent Carter: A Sin to Err Review
Peggy discovers the shocking truth about Leviathan but doesn’t realize that her true enemies are even closer than she imagined. Meanwhile, Souza is close to confirming the truth about Peggy and may just put her in the crosshairs of the SSR.
- Sketchy as heck, but I love that Howard Stark buys all of the women, he spends… time with a going away present. I don’t know if it was sincerity or extreme naivety that made he think it was a good idea.
- Poor Jarvis. Not only does he have to do his boss’ bidding, but he also pays the consequences as he and Peggy go searching for a particular lady from Stark’s past.
- The sniper scene was a great fake-out. I was wondering what was taking her so long to take the shot, but it was a great little bit of espionage. Show does spy-thrills well.
- Never underestimate the enemy. The scene where Peggy takes out a bunch of SSR at the restaurant was great. Loved the overly cheery music they used to undercut it, but the best part was the follow-up where Dooley was shocked that a woman could take out all those men. Never underestimate Peggy Carter.
- Speaking of underestimating women, Angie is able to use the SSR’s agents uncomfortableness with consoling women with a great performance that leaves almost everyone standing around all awkward-like, and buys Peggy the time she needs to escape.
- To complete the trifecta, Dottie is pretty busy this episode. Killing the dentist, who totally had it coming. Sending secret messages, and exposing herself to Agent Carter. Looks like we’re heading for a big showdown between the two women.
- The most evil scheme in the world. Getting to know someone and offer them assistance only to lower their guard, hypnotize them and force them to commit suicide. Alas, all fair in love and war.
Agent Carter ramped up big time leading to what has to be the end-game for the first season. Can’t wait to see what cards this show has left to play.