I said this year’s content would be a combination of re-posts and new material. One thing that hasn’t really changed much in the past year is our holiday classics drinking rules. What I failed to mention is some content would be a remix of material from last year with a fresh set of eyes. Below, you will find our latest set of drinking rules for Christmas movies, but this combines some unorthodox Christmas movies such as Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Gremlins and Batman Returns. It will be a combination of our rules from last year with the addition of more fitting rules.
The Snowflake Rules- Take A Shot/Drink For Each
- Every time it snows. This may seem a bit painful for winter movies, but if it has snowed you don’t have to drink, but if it begins to snow you do. And you have to finish your drink, if the snow fall is a “miracle” or “miraculous”
- The Santa Clause! Yes, named after a Tim Allen movie, anytime the name Santa is uttered take a drink. Take 2 drinks every time a parent tries to convince their child that its not the real Santa. Take 3 drinks if it actually turns out to be the real Santa.
- The Christmas tune, whenever a Christmas song plays take a drink. But only when it plays if it continues for 3-4 minutes you don’t have to drink the entire time, we don’t want people getting sick on our watch.
- Jolly. No you say Merry. And if someone is mean enough to say Jolly, and they aren’t a fat dude in a red suit, you are taking a drink!
- Tree Toppers, they’ve finished decorating the tree, now it is time to crown it with a Star, take a shot in honor of this moment. However, if someone wants to buck tradition and go with something else take 2 drinks. And if someone decides at the last moment they don’t like the star and want it replaced with something else, punch your screen and take a 5 second sip.
- The Christmas Setup- If Christmas is used as the back drop for an non-traditional scene such as a fight or a chase scene that involves like a Christmas tree or ornaments in some fashion take a drink. This goes double if said scene also includes Christmas music playing in the background.
- The Christmas Pun-You know it will happen, nothing gets a chuckle better than a silly Christmas joke or some type of misunderstanding about the mistletoe. Their blunder is your thunder, take a drink!
There you go, our updated Christmas drinking game is rip-roaring to go. Will your movies be more merry? Only one way to find out!