151 Proof Movies: Super Mario Bros: The Movie Drinking Game
[151 Proof Movies is our unique way of viewing some of cinema’s most famous and infamous movies. We offer you some drinking rules to enhance your experience, and generally give you an update after we test the rules ourselves]
There are few things that I hold as dear to my heart as the Super Mario franchise. I love the games from the original all the way to the most recent Super Mario 3D Land. Mario’s game record speaks for itself. But in the early 90s, Nintendo tried to broaden his reach with several ill-advised adventures. The most infamous of them all, is this disaster of a movie.
So since I’m going in this with an open-mind, let’s check out the rules for the Super Mario Bros movie!
- We’re The Mario Bros, and Plumbings Our Game– Every time that Mario and/or Luigi refer to each other by name, take a drink.
- The Rock Says…- Whenever “the rock” is mentioned, take a drink.
- Fire Power– Every time there is a forced reference to the Super Mario games, take a drink.
- The Fungus Among Us– Every time, the “fungus” is shown on screen (you know which one), take a drink.
- A Plumber By Any Other Name– Whenever it is mentioned, or Mario and Luigi use their plumbing skills, take a drink.
As always, we’ll return over the weekend with our results.
For more of our drinking games, check out the ever-updated Mega-List.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @ER_NOTR or @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!