Sometimes, life has a funny way of working. I’ve randomly caught snippets of Resident Evil Retribution on TV while channel-surfing over the last 2-3 weeks, but never wanted to sit-down with it because it seemed like a film that was perfectly suited for 151 Proof Movies, and we don’t often watch these movies outside of this feature.
At the same time, we work off of a list of about 70 movies, and when we do use the list, like to randomize it just so we don’t end up going in order. Wouldn’t you know it, Resident Evil Retribution was our random pick this week, it appeared to be destiny.
We’ve previously done a Resident Evil film for this feature, Afterlife and in doing so crafted rules that we would use for the entire franchise. Instead of hiding from those rules, we’re just gonna repost them for Retribution as it has been 3 years since we last used them.
Let’s return to the rule book!
Resident Evil games meet Resident Evil the Movie.
- Take a drink whenever Umbrella logo is shown or theÂ corporationÂ is mentioned.
- Take a drink every time a character from the Resident Evil game verse makes an appearance in the movies. (And yeah, I mean every time they make an appearance not they are in the movie once and you call it a day) Also doesn’t extend to them being in a prolong scene or cutbacks!
- Take 2 drinks every time an enemy from the game shows up, zombie dogs, crows, Nemesis, the rare zombie, Los Plagos from Resident Evil 4, the axe man, whoever!
- Take a drink every time a virus is mentioned, doesn’t matter which letter it starts with.
Resident Evil the Movies Are You’re Worse Nightmares
- Every time someone gets bite and turns into a zombie, take a drink.
- Every time a teammate puts down a teammate because they turned into a zombie take a drink.
- Every time someone wusses out and doesn’t want to kill a friend turning into a zombie take a drink.
- Whenever you spot a difference from the game take 2 drinks (you know why!)
- Elements from the movie verse make an re-appearance aside from Alicia since she is the main character.
- Use of piss poor technology, that includes CG and crappy 3D effects take a drink. And yeah I saw Afterlife’s trailer that includes tossing the glass at the screenAs always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie.!
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following eitherÂ @ER_NOTRÂ orÂ @Wooden_PintÂ on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!