151 Proof Movies: Oscar Edition
The Academy Awards are the standards for awards show in any form of entertainment. And that’s why we are here to knock it down a few pegs with the first ever 151 Proof Awards Show Rules!
Like the 151 Proof rules for movies, these are always a work in progress, but really won’t matter for another year. Anyhow, let’s get to the rules!
- Take a shot every time someone’s acceptance speech goes long and they start playing the music.
- Take a drink, every time there’s a close up of someone “shocked/surprised” by their win and they do the whole cover their nose/mouth with their hands bit.
- Take a shot whenever an acceptee claims they “weren’t prepared” (REALLY? Even if you don’t have a chance in hell of winning should have something since you are nominated)
- Take a drink for any banter that seems forced and awkward.
- Drink if someone starts crying, don’t stop drinking until they stop crying or are finally off the stage.
- Take a drink for each musical performance. Two if it includes the host. And two if it includes a performance/song that the Oscar audience may not be familiar with.
- Take 2 shots if a nominee for Best Picture loses an award to a movie that isn’t nominated for Best Picture.