It’s not often we get to re-do a movie, always forward as they say. But circumstance beyond Swan and I’s control have kind of put an abrupt end to #FantasticFridays (for the time being) and with a hole in the line-up figured we would revisit a “Classic” 151 Proof Movie with some dressed up rules.
Speaking of course of Dragon Ball Evolution, which we did back in September of 2011! You can see the original rules here, and our review here.
As you can see in the review, we made some suggestions on how to improve the drinking in the movie, and we’re gonna test those improvements as well as 5 years of experience with these type of things.
That said, let’s get to the drinking!
- Dragon Ball- Over the course of doing these 151 Proof Movies, I’ve learned one thing these verbal rules are the ones that can bite you in the arse the most. That said, everytime Dragonball is said, take a drink!
- Say It With Feeling– If the movie is anything like the series it is based on, there will be a lot of random shouting and grunts and calling out moves. So every time, one of those happens, take a drink.
- Like the Wind! – This movie is an adaption of an anime, and in that sense characters aren’t limited by the normal rules of gravity and physics. So whenever a character performs a feat that defies gravity, take a drink.
- Magic! – The world of Dragon Ball is full of many things. One such thing is super-insanely over the top super moves. So whenever someone performs a magical attack or spell or beam, take a drink.
- Slo-Mo – Whenever the movie slows down, take a drink.
For more of our drinking games, check out the ever-updated Mega-List.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @ER_NOTR or @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!