151 Proof Movies: Day of the Dead Drinking Game
George A. Romero really put his stamp on the zombie-genre so it’s of no surprise that many grew up fans of his movies, and some even tried to remake his works to varying degrees of success.
The most recent effort is our movie this week, Day of the Dead. Released in 2008, it currently sits at a lovely 14% on RottenTomatoes. Other than being a loose remake, I know very little about the movie. And that always makes it fun.
Open up the booze, it’s time to get drinking!
- BRAIN(ED) – For all deaths in this movie, humans or zombies, take a drink.
- Sheltered – For every barricade/barrier/roadblock that the survivors put up, take a drink. Every time the zombie horde breaks through those defenses, take a drink.
- The Walking Dead? – Whenever the characters attempt to explain/figure out what these things are, or examine them, take a drink.
- The Last of Us – Whenever there is in-fighting between human characters, take a drink. If a human kills a human that has turned or in the process of turning, two drinks.
- And That’s an Order – For any military jargon and orders, take a drink.
- #RemakesNReboots – For any homages/scenes from the original version, take a drink.
For more of our drinking games, check out the ever-updated Mega-List.
As always, we will put these rules to the test when we can and make any necessary amendments to make sure you have the BEST possible time while watching the movie. You can follow along by following either @ER_NOTR or @Wooden_Pint on Twitter. Or by following the hashtag #151PM. Usually starting at 10pm ET/7pm PT on Friday nights!