Welcome one and all to another edition of 151 Proof Movies, where we make movies better through the power of love, respect and a whole lot of alcohol.
In honor of it being October, we have decided to roll the dice with a month long 151 Proof feature, Beers n Fears, where we set up standard rules and try them out on different horror flicks. All of the backstory isn’t needed so let’s get to the rules.
- The Horror Movie Idiot Rule (Take 1 Drink)
- Someone checks out a suspicious noise
- A group decides its best to split up and search while their friends are being killed off.
- When being confronted person runs upstairs/further into a building, instead of outside.
- A victim knocks down the killer, and instead of heading for the hills, double check to make sure they are dead.
- The Horror Movie Cliches (Take 1 Drink)
- The cheap scare. (They build it up and it turns out to be a cat!)
- The monster/killer is stalking their prey, the audience can see but the person can’t.
- The victim trips while being chased by the killer.
- If the cheap scare turns into the killer being behind the person take 3 drinks.
- Take 3 drinks if the killer appears to be dead, everyone appears to celebrate, but the killer comes back for one more scene before being knocked off again.